Adults must learn how to play, to revert back to what was once a magical land of delight and an oasis for pure bliss. Yes, I am talking about childlike qualities such as creating monsters out of bath soap, spraying your mom’s hair with a garden hose, marking up the walls inappropriately with too many crayons, laughing for no reason, making a necklace out of Cheerios, and so much more. Kids do not monitor their thoughts and actions like we do. Thank goodness they have not been burdened with adult programming. Let’s get back to basics gang. It is time to JAZZ UP THE CREATIVITY SECTION OF YOUR HOUSE!!!
When we aren’t creating or playing enough, we get stale. We laugh less. We look and act serious. We get stuck in many areas of our lives without even knowing it.
Where is the Creativity area in your space?
Walk into the main door of your home or room and go to the right wall area.
Signs that you may be in a rut:
- Do you say “Ugh” a lot?
- Are you angry and frustrated more often than you’d like to be?
- Do you have seemingly unsolvable business challenges?
- Is laughter a foreign sound to you?
- Are your children having issues in school?
- Are you having trouble having children?
- Are you bored?
Ways to enhance the Creativity Section in your home or business:
- Have milk and cookies and take a nap ANYWHERE in your house!
- Place instruments, games, crayons, the TV, art, and bright lighting in this area
- Put pictures of children and highly creative people in this area (Mozart! Einsteen! Grandma!!!)
- Include metal, white and yellow items, anything round, crafts, art, bells
- Write down a list of items in which you feel stuck, put it in this area under a metal bell, and every day you can ring the bell and thank the feng shui energies for helping you create fun solutions to draining problems.
Get this “stuff” out of the Creativity Section in your home or business:
- Fire, candles, red items, pointy or triangular objects
- Big piles of workpapers you haven’t organized
- Serious items that bring your energy down
Take delight in the simple pleasures, and guaranteed, you will be smiling.