Read below for helpful tips on how to remove all types of SCARY junk from your life.
This space makes me feel uneasy and unsettled. What's up with the lava lamp and hair brush? All joking aside, unless your system is energized by a mess, if your space looks like this you could have a nagging sensation that something isn't quite right. This kitchen plus the nagging sensation could exacerbate everything and catapult you into fear mode.
- How Does Feng Shui Help?
- Identify your Fears
- Remove your Fears
- Acknowledge Your Success and Celebrate!!!
How Does Feng Shui Help?
Feng Shui supports you by applying time-honored principles to your environment. These principles have been around for thousands of years. Its approach is multi-faceted. By examining your mental patterning you can shine light on it and take action on many levels to support your well-being – by writing, by seeking outside counsel, and by examining your physical space. This helps to eradicate symptoms that have manifested in your space as well as your mind. By working on your mental state AND your physical environs, you are covering all bases, which will then direct your life in a positive way.
Identify Your Fears
For most of us, this is fairly easy. At any one moment we could rattle on about how many things we are afraid of in just one day. Keep in mind, when we get angry or depressed, we may actually be afraid. In other words, fear wears many faces.
Steps to Finding Your Fears
- Set aside 15 minutes to be alone, any time or place - first thing in the morning; after work and before arriving home; in the car; waiting for your kid at the doctor’s office, etc.
- Grab a piece of paper and a pencil.
- List some fears. Write and do not monitor what you are writing. Go nuts! Even if your fears seem strange and you are embarrassed by them, no one else has to read them.
- When you finish, pick three fears that you would like to address now and write them down again. For example:
- I am afraid of my mother-in-law
- I am afraid of getting my new shoes dirty.
Remove Your Fears
This gets to be reallllllllllllllllllly fun, if you like challenges. You can go as deep or 'not deep' as you like, and can handle your fears on three different levels, depending on your mood at the time.
- Surface level
- Middle level
- Deepest level
Ways to Remove Fears
- Affirmations (surface level): With a red pen, write the three chosen fears on a piece of paper. After each fear, write a positive phrase on which to focus. “I am afraid of failing at my job” becomes “I LOVE being successful at my job. It feels great!” Carry a copy of these positive phrases with you at all times and also put a copy in the Skills & Wisdom section of your home. The feng shui energies will help you acquire the skills needed to work through these fears. Thank them for helping. (Skills & Wisdom location: Walk in through your front door and take a left. Stay to the left and go to the corner area closest to the front door.)
- Mentor/Counseling (middle level): Address these fears with someone who is a trusted healer. Please do NOT trust just anyone with this task. To find the best healer/mentor for you, write down on a piece of paper that you would like to find the best person to help you. Put this request in a silver box or wrap it in tinfoil. Then put it in the Helpful People section of your home. (Helpful People location: Walk in through your front door and take a right. Stay to the right and go to the corner area closest to the front door.)
- Be a Detective (surface and middle levels): Look for a few items in your household that you have never really wanted to keep. Get rid of them (surface). If they make you uneasy, there is a good reason why they make you uneasy. This uneasiness blocks your ability to eradicate your fears because it creates uncertainty in your system. If you care to go deeper (middle level) with these objects, write down and examine why they freak you out or make you wonder. Don’t hold back. Be 100% honest with yourself. It’s amazing what you learn by doing this. Write about these objects for 3-9 minutes every day for the following three weeks.
- Sit With the True Source of Your Fears, aka “Sit With It” (deepest level): All of your fears, believe it or not, stem from one thing. Select an object that represents your desire to know why you have fears and place it in the Helpful People and/or Skills & Wisdom section of your household. If you like to write, write about the subject matter. If you like counseling, talk to someone. If you meditate, do it. Into praying? Acquiring wisdom is an awesome topic about which to pray. (Skills & Wisdom location: Walk in through your front door and take a left. Stay to the left and go to the corner area closest to the front door. Helpful People location: Walk in through your front door and take a right. Stay to the right and go to the corner area closest to the front door.)
Acknowledge Your Success and Celebrate!
You could be too